[FreeNX-kNX] Printer and file sharing via smb

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Mar 4 02:47:04 UTC 2008

> Hello Fabian.
>
> >> I test FreeNX 0.7.1 on an ubuntu 7.10 with a windows client on Vista.
> >
> > Which packages? That could help Ace, which seemed not to be able to find
> > packages for Ubuntu.
> See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=620057.
> This guy has already done the job. Thanks to him!
>
> > Go to "System settings", "Windows Firewall Options", select "File- and
> > Printersharing", click "Edit", check "TCP 139" (it is, since SP2 and
> Vista
> > I think too, unchecked by default).
> I've no firewall on the machine.

The Windows firewall is always active since SP2.

And in this case it makes sure, which ports are open for the printer and filesharing ... (that has nothing todo with firewall, but its there anyway)

So could you please see if you are able to do what I asked for?
(Regardless whether there is a firewall installed or not ...)

cu

Fabian