[FreeNX-kNX] ExpatError when starting freenx session

Jeremy Wilkins wjeremy at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 13 07:32:31 UTC 2008

This sounds like a DBUS error on your setup causing the nxagent to crash.  If
you are using Ubuntu 8.04 you really should be using newer server
files/libraries.  I have tried to troubleshoot old files on Hardy many
times.  It doesn't work well most the time, plus these is a problem with any
unpatched 0.7.1 sources when accessed from NX 3.2.0 clients.  My repos have
version 0.7.2 and the NX 3.2.0 backend.

Try my repos:
deb http://www.datakeylive.com/ubuntu hardy main

Make sure you remove ALL NX libraries and the freenx server first.  If you
try this and your problem persists you can also check out this forum:
I have written a step by step guide for Ubuntu Gutsy, and updated it for
Hardy as well there.  I have now teamed up with Marcelo Boveto Shima and Hai
Zaar in starting a Ubuntu freenx team and we may be maintaining Ubuntu
packages elsewhere.  When that occurs, I will also note it on that forum.