[FreeNX-kNX] ExpatError when starting freenx session

Bram Kuijper a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl
Fri Jul 11 15:13:06 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to use Freenx-server 0.7.1 in Ubuntu 8.04 (gnome).
However, the session suddenly stops after successfully logging in (I
am using NXClient version 3.2.0-10 for windows.

Freenx-server gives the following error in my .nx/T-C-[number]/session
logfile:

ParserException: Error parsing introspect data: <class
'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>: mismatched tag: line 84, column 6

Apparently, this is some python error. Given the uniqueness of this
error (no hits on google in combination with FreeNX), I wonder if
someone knows which python scripts are fired on by one of the FreeNX
scripts?

My full logfiles are in pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/m4a9c1666

thanks for any help,