[FreeNX-kNX] Is nxagent still broken on amd64?

Mike Kasick mkasick-nx at club.cc.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 7 21:16:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 06:08:47PM +0200, Bernard Cafarelli wrote:

> I've just tested with nx 3.1, it fails the same way now indeed. And,
> switching to gcc 4.2.4 (and latest 3.2 tarballs), I got a working nxagent

Yup, did the same thing and it works for me now too.

Thanks!

> So I stand corrected, this is rather a GCC problem...

Or an nxagent problem triggered by a change in the code GCC generates.  It
might also be worth disabling optimizations to see if a change in the GCC
optimizer triggers it.

I wish I had more time to fire up the debugger and locate the behavioral
divergence in the two versions.

But anyways, thanks for the tip!