[FreeNX-kNX] NXclient 3.2.0 with session type unix-console

Jens Hatlak jh at junetz.de
Sun Jul 6 16:20:48 UTC 2008

Hi!

Thanks to the message from Maciej I discovered that there are current
FreeNX Debian packages available and installed them (mainly because I
wanted to try the x11vnc mirrored VNC session type introduced with
version 0.7.1). I also installed NXclient 3.2.0-9 from the same
repository and tried to start up a session with "Unix/Custom/Run the
console". It failed. After some investigation I found that NXclient now
uses the "unix-console" session type for this case which nxnode doesn't
handle yet. Attached you'll find a patch against nxnode from the
repository that adds a handler for that session type. It might be worth
considering to add a catch-all case that somehow handles any unknown
session types, e.g. by displaying a warning, but that I'll leave up to you.

Greetings,

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>