[FreeNX-kNX] image display low performance

Juozas Lizdenis juozas at id46.com
Wed Jul 2 18:58:57 UTC 2008

Hello everybody,

I asked Chuck Norris to solve this problem, but god a round-house kick in the
face:))))

We are having a bad performance issue when displaying images (over web browser
or local files browser). The pictures appear to open or resize veeeeeery
slowly, but after opening they scroll normally, and the window moves
normally. When opening a web page with many bigger images, it opens very
slowly too (iceweasel).
No big cpu load is observed, while the image is opening.
Anyone knows whats this all about?

We are using the system and nx soft noted below, because we did not find newer
freenx server for amd64.

Maybe you now any newer deb repositories for our system?

Thanks in advance

My mnachine is:

client 1.5.0-138
NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-45-SVN OS (GPL)
Linux  2.6.18-6-amd64 Debian/Etch

--

Juozas Lizdenis

http://id46.com