[FreeNX-kNX] Driver for Windows client printing from FreeNX server

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Wed Jul 2 01:22:42 UTC 2008

Hi Terje,

Thanks for the response. I am confused now about how the CUPS and SMB
printers are handled at the server side (apart from knowing that CUPS
printers are setup by cmd_node_addprinter() call and SMB/CIFS shares/
printers by cmd_node_smbmount() call). Which settings use which
drivers? Which one should I choose for which case?

Also, there is a new library called libnxredir, which is supposed to
handle all SMB shares/printers automatically (do not even need to
patch the Samba sources for port 445), but that is not getting invoked
in my site (with ENABLE_SAMBA_PRELOAD=1) for some reason, I think. And
I am confused about what it does.

And, again, CUPS_SERVER env. variable does not get set with
ENABLE_CUPS_SERVER_EXPORT=1 in my node.conf. There are glitches like
these which distract from debugging the core issue at hand, SMB/CIFS
printing.

Any one else with ideas please?

Thanks,
Prakash