[FreeNX-kNX] Timeout parameter.

Patrick Rady prady at new.org
Wed Jan 2 18:10:59 UTC 2008

We are using FreeNX Server 0.60 running on Ubuntu 7.04 with a variety of Windows and Linux clients and it has been working well- except at one particular site, where we have been experiencing timeouts.  At this site we are using the most recent NX client for Linux- on Ubuntu 7.04.

At present- I don't believe the problem to be with FreeNX, but rather a possibly dodgey Internet connection.

The symptom is simply that the connection simply, suddenly and without warning, times out.

The user can than login again and reconnect without incident.  This happens multiple times a day.

Is there a parameter in FreeNX- that can be added to any of the configuration files to increase the duration for a timeout- or to make it less sensitive to a flaky Internet connection?

Other people from a variety of sites with a variety of clients on a variety of OSs, are able to connect to this same server for long periods, without timeouts- which leads me to believe that is the connection itself.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

--Patrick

-
Patrick Rady
Administrator, npServ
NEW (Nonprofit Enterprise at Work)
office 734-998-0160 ext. 211 / fax 734-998-0163

prady at new.org / http://www.new.org/
Ann Arbor Office: 1100 N. Main, Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1059
Detroit Office: Hannan House, 4750 Woodward Ave., Suite 308, Detroit, MI 48201