[FreeNX-kNX] Problem to redisplay Win4Lin

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Fri Feb 29 09:36:06 UTC 2008

I know nothing about win4lin but have had no problems running either qemu or
vmware over NX. Which version of freenx and the nx libs are you using?

When you use VNC are you using it to mirror the existing X session or is it
starting a new one? The second option is similar to FreeNX in that win4lin
would have to respect the DISPLAY settings.

I think I've seen an issue with java apps just showing the window borders and
a grey rectangle, but that may just have been with compiz. That was fixed by
starting java with the -Dawt.toolkit=sun.awt.motif.MToolkit switch.

Other than that check any logs or messages win4lin may give, and enable
logging in freenx (instructions in the FAQ) then check the logs.