[FreeNX-kNX] Solution to 64 bit Issue on my Server

Gregory Carter gcarter at aesgi.com
Tue Feb 19 21:49:01 UTC 2008

Well...sort of.

FYI in case you have not been following my thread, I have been having a
devil of a time getting the freenx server 64 bit version to work on our
new Fedora 8 server.   It simply was too erratic.

I tried just about every debug and log level and looked at the problem
from the client, or the server but could not find any issues with the setup.

I am forced to conclude that the freenx.x86_64 package is broken,
fundamentally, and is not functional.   I came to that conclusion after
following the large number of core dumps on the server side of the users
homes directory.

I dumped the x86_64 packages for nx and freenx and installed the .i386
packages with 32bit support and the problems instantly went away.

Now all my clients connect and everything works swimmingly.

So if you have a 64 bit machine, do not expect NX server to work
correctly as of yet.

-gc