[FreeNX-kNX] XIO: fatal IO error 54 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":1000.0"

boxed skeg seabrightskiff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 01:40:30 UTC 2008

NXCLIENT - Version 3.2.0-9 on gentoo 2008.0 x86, freenxserver 0.7.2-r2 also
on gentoo 2008.0 but on sparc. I can shell into the client machine (ssh -Y
myacct at servermachine) and do /usr/bin/nxnode --agent and the X window pops
up and no errors are reported on the shell. However this is the session log
after it bombs: http://pastebin.ca/1185802 The DISPLAY on in the client
shell is localhost:10.0 so how did it get to 1000 so it could be unable to
open the display?

Or is this some kind of communication error between the sparc and the x86?
Perhaps an endianness or 64 v. 32 bit one?

I checked and my xorg-server on the x86 has ipv6 compiled in.  Didn't know
where to look on the sparc.

This guy seemed to think it was an ipvX problem in a similar situation:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2008-July/178960.html

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-Kevin