[FreeNX-kNX] Frontend for Terminal Services (Paul O'Brien)

Dewey Hylton freenx at deweyonline.com
Mon Aug 18 09:32:30 UTC 2008

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:11:08 +1200
> From: "Paul O'Brien" <paul.obrien at mhaltd.co.nz>
> Subject: [FreeNX-kNX]  Frontend for Terminal Services
>
> Hi Doug,
>
> This is a long shot but we really want to try and get FreeNX working as
> a front end for Terminal Services.
>
> Came across this post
> 'http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2004-September/000099.html'
>
> Can't seem to find a repository anywhere that contains nxdesktop...
>
> Just wondering if you could possibly give us an idea of how to get this
> going.. 4 years on :-)
>
> cheers
>
> Paul O'Brien
> MHA Limited

the latest nomachine code doesn't contain nxdesktop; instead of hacking
those sources, they now just use the rdesktop binary provided by the host
system. same goes for vncviewer ... nomachine (the folks that write the nx
compression libraries) have changed a lot since 2004.

having said that, i've used freenx as a front-end for terminal services for
years now ...