[FreeNX-kNX] Scroll Problem when using Java Swing Application

Torsten Löhr torsten.loehr at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:23:41 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a strange phenomenon, when I use the FreeNX Server instead of the
commercial version. The problem only occurs when using Java Swing
applications, especially the JTable component.
When the users scrolls (a lot), the part of screen holding the table will
become garbled. This problem becomes even stronger, when the bandwidth is
reduced. It should also be noted, that
the scrolling generally is much slower with the GPL version than the
commercial version.

I use an OpenSuSE 11 with a NXSERVER - Version 1.5.0-70 OS (GPL, using
backend: 2.1.0).

The strange thing is, the old commercial version of NX (on a different
machine) doesn't produce any scrolling trouble at all. It is the NXSERVER -
Version 1.5.0-91.

The client is in both cases: "NX Client for Linux, Version 3.2.0-14".

In order to make things easy, I created a small Java testprogram, to give
you the possibility to reproduce the problem. You can download it here:
http://www.flashheart.de/FreeNXDebug.zip
Unpack the archive and start the software with: "java -jar FreeNXDebug".
First You have to change into the directory where the lib/ dir is located.

I use the Sun JVM 1.6.0.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Torsten...