[FreeNX-kNX] ctrl key behavior differs for same client on different machines

Mark Wilber wilber at ssl.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 8 01:32:18 UTC 2008

I've fruitlessly looked all over for a solution to this.

While running nxclient-3.2.0-14 on my Fedora 9 desktop to access
nxserver 3.0.0-74 on a Fedora Core 4 machine things work beautifully,
but when using the identical client (installed from the same .rpm file)
on my notebook -- also running Fedora 9 -- there results an annoying
ctrl key behavior. On my notebook, the ctrl key works (but only
sometimes) if preceded by the alt key. `Escaping' a ctrl key is pretty
useless for someone who lives inside emacs.

Anybody know a fix/workaround that will liberate my ctrl key?

thanks,
-Mark

--
Mark Wilber / Assistant Research Physicist / Space Sciences Laboratory
University of California, Berkeley 94720 / 510-643-6896 / 510-643-8302