[FreeNX-kNX] firefox 3 poor image quality

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 12:41:24 UTC 2008

hi,

new to the list, I've been using freenx for a few months but now I
seem to have a problem I cannot resolve.

I have debian lenny running freenx
HELLO NXSERVER - Version 2.1.0-72 OS (GPL, using backend: 3.1.0)

This morning we updated the software because iceweasel 3 had entered
the reposotories. Iceweasel has been updated, now we have finally
version 3, but the image quality (all images except for flash
animations) is very poor. It's like 256 coulours.

With iceweasel 2 this was no problem, the image quality was perfect. I
had tested firefox from the mozilla servers and seen this problem
before. I had installed firefox in /usr/local/firefox and when started
from there, the image quality was poor. Now that the software is
updated I cannot roll it back, so it seems:

# apt-get install mozilla-firefox
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package mozilla-firefox is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  iceweasel
E: Package mozilla-firefox has no installation candidate

iznx01:~# apt-get install firefox
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package firefox is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  iceweasel
E: Package firefox has no installation candidate

any ideas as to where I can look for solutions to this strange problem? Thanks!
--
Groeten,
J.Asenjo