[FreeNX-kNX] Problem with screen refreshing

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Sat Aug 2 17:12:01 UTC 2008

   ----- Melding fra dick at lindix.nl ---------
    Dato: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:56:40 +0200
     Fra: Dick Kniep <dick at lindix.nl>
Svar-til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>
    Emne: [FreeNX-kNX] Problem with screen refreshing
     Til: FreeNX-kNX at kde.org

> Hi list,
>
> We have a peculiar problem in FreeNX (version 1.5.0.60). We use
> freenx to distribute our system that runs on Linux to
> windows-users.  The application is run root-less (so no complete
> desktop is  distributed).
>
> The application is written in Python with wxPython (so GTK).
>
> When a user scrolls in certain screens the screen is not refreshed
> correctly, and stays blank. Off course this gives a lot of
> problems.  However when the complete desktop is exported, everything
> works  correctly. Obviously something in the root-less mode doesn't
> work.

   This sounds more like a problem that are related to the NX
libraries - what version are you using, and have you considered
testing a newer/newest version of those?

> Has anyone seen this problem, or knows a solution?

   I haven't seen this type of problem before myself, but maybe others
here? Have you searched the KB @ www.nomachine.com for similar problems?

   Regards,
Terje