[FreeNX-kNX] Problem with screen refreshing

Dick Kniep dick at lindix.nl
Fri Aug 1 11:56:40 UTC 2008

Hi list,

We have a peculiar problem in FreeNX (version 1.5.0.60). We use freenx to distribute our system that runs on Linux to windows-users. The application is run root-less (so no complete desktop is distributed).

The application is written in Python with wxPython (so GTK).

When a user scrolls in certain screens the screen is not refreshed correctly, and stays blank. Off course this gives a lot of problems. However when the complete desktop is exported, everything works correctly. Obviously something in the root-less mode doesn't work.

Has anyone seen this problem, or knows a solution?

Cheers,
D.Kniep
Lindix BV.