[FreeNX-kNX] user mode freenx/nx

Scott Serr serrs at theserrs.net
Tue Apr 29 17:59:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

I want to use nx or freenx in two ways:
1. a full remote desktop launchable by the user like vncserver.
2. a single X client redirect like "ssh -X"

A big constraint...  Assume that we don't have root and can't have
sysadmins install this on hundreds of boxes.

Rather than writing my own (poor) wrapper scripts around nxproxy and
nxagent...  has someone already thought out these two use cases with
this constraint?

We don't have a constraint of needing encryption.  nxssh would seem to
be able to do something like "ssh -X" but wouldn't for me.

I'm having a hard time with freenx since it tries to do so many things
and there is not that much documentation.

(I can go on, brainstorming... but people don't want to read all that)

Thanks,
Scott