[FreeNX-kNX] sharing a nx session

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Mon Apr 28 11:23:37 UTC 2008

Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de>, User Support for
FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org> wrote:
> User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Friday 25 April 2008 15:19:15 Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > in the FreeNX FAQ I can read, it is planned to implement that two
> persons
> > > can share a NX session at the same time.
> > > I'd like to know, if there exist a schedule, when this feature will be
> > > implemented, and if so, for which FreeNX version it is planned.
> >
> > This should be possible in 0.7.2 using VNC shadowing. I've not tried it
> myself
> > yet though.
> Ah, thanks, now I have sth. where I can search for, so I can step forward.

I try since the morning, to get session shadowing working, but yet no luck.
Additionally to the FreeNX server 0.7.2 I installed nomachine
nxclient-3.2.0-9 and x11vnc-0.9.2-20.
Further I defined a password with nxpasswd.
On the client host, I also use nxclient 3.2.0, there I configured the
session type to be "Shadow", instead of Unix. I first logged in as the user,
using knx. Then I tried started a second shadow session using the nomachine
nxclient, after some seconds the client says:

"Session shadowing not supported on this server."

and the connection aborts.

I also changed the FreeNX log level to 7, but there are no error messages
showing up in /var/log/nxserver.log. In /etc/nxserver/node.conf, I also have
ENABLE_MIRROR_VIA_VNC=1

My NX server is a Xen virtual domain, without graphics card. I start the
node in runlevel 3, without having an X server running. Do I need a X server
to get this running?

any ideas someone?

kind regards
Sebastian