[FreeNX-kNX] freenx-client 0.9 feedback

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Thu Apr 10 10:08:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

some feedback from trying to build freenx-client 0.9 release:

a) it does not build with gcc 4.3. see attached patch

b) qtnx can still not install itself. see other attached patch

c) as qtnx needs pkgconfig to resolve the libnxcl, which is built in the other
subdir, I think it would cause less pain for the packagers of those two sub
directory would be separated in different tarballs. They don't share a common
build system anyway.

d) the source code claims to be GPL v2+. GPL however requires to ship a GPL
license in a file named COPYING as part of the package. this doesn't seem to
be the case. Please clarify the actual license of the code. Also, list of
authors etc is missing as well, but I fetched them from the actual source
file.

e) the autoconf/automake requires of libnxcl are extremely high, while it
seems to build just fine with older version of autotools, once those are
fixed. Is there a reason for that? this is a problem for older distributions.

Greetings,
Dirk