[FreeNX-kNX] Fwd: nx problem

freenx freenx at skolesys.dk
Sun Sep 2 22:05:49 UTC 2007

Hi.
I have got a problem with the windows version of nxclient. I'm asking on
this forum since it seems like you gotta be a customer to ask at
nomachine.com. The problem I am experiencing might be some sort og
localization problem.
Facts:
1. I have a working freenx server running
2. I can connect to that server from almost anywhere.

The problem:
Some users at some locations can't establish an X-server connection. The
log/error message says there is no X display socket. Guessing that the
.X11-unix file is indeed that socket, I can understand why the socket can't
be determinded cause the location (see the log underneeth) does not exist.
I am guessing that this is a localization problem because the few times I
have seen it there has been one of the three danish special characters in
the sockets path.
A funny thing is that I have a computer that always logs on when I am at
home, but not all other places. How can that be?

Thanks in advance.

Jakob Simon-Gaarde

LOG:
-----------------------------
Info: Display running with pid '3324' and handler '0x1407f4'.

NXPROXY - Version 3.0.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2007 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '2460'.
Session: Starting session at 'Sun Sep  2 18:57:23 2007'.
Error: Can't determine the location of the X display socket.
Error: Error 2 'No such file or directory' checking
'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\NX73F8~1/D-Fahn›øe-C7E8CA86E07A21252DAC63AB0FD18ACC/.X11-unix'.
Session: Session terminated at 'Sun Sep  2 18:57:23 2007'.