[FreeNX-kNX] Weird behaviour in FreeNX-0.7.0

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 10:07:11 UTC 2007

El Sábado, 1 de Septiembre de 2007 06:27, Fabian Franz escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just upgraded to FreeNX-0.7.0/NX-2.1.0  in Opensuse 10.2 from the
> > buildservice repositories, and I'm seeing a really weird behaviour.
> > Sometimes the session starts just fine, sometimes it fails with a timeout
> > after the client shows "autentication completed". It seems completely
> > random.
>
> Are you using a windows client?
Linux !M 1.5 client on the very same machine, using localhost network.
> Is there still an old nxssh.exe process running? If so, there is a hacky
> "solution" posted some months ago.
Right now I'm trying again and it fails. No nx process of any sort. No load of
any sort.

miguel at enol:~> ps ax|grep nx
 4892 ?        S      0:00 /usr/NX/bin/nxclient

NX session administrator shows a failed session from yesterday

Closed everything, wiped ~/.nx and started testing again. First 3 times it
works, 4 fails
Wiped and started again.  First 7 times it works, 8-9 fails, 10-18 works, 19
fails. Session administrator shows all previous closed and failed sessions.

I have compared the client runlogs stored in ~/.nx/temp and I can't see any
meaningful difference.
> Besides that from your log I can only say that the remote proxy never
> connects to the nxagent so it times out.
Weird, isn't it?

I can provide or make any logs or tests if given direction.