[FreeNX-kNX] freenx is dead !

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Oct 31 14:16:22 UTC 2007

>   - the deb are too old

I am not a distributor and the last time I said that I wanted to do packages, people did protest a lot. Integration of distribution and so on ...

>   - taking the tar file from nomachine and wishing to bind it with freenx

That is rather easy, though I dunno if its legal.

- Use NoMachine Free-Forever edition tar.gz and untar it to /usr/NX/:

$ cd /usr/
$ tar xzf ~/<nx-free-forever-nomachine-server.tar.gz>
$ tar xzf ~/<nx-free-forever-nomachine-node.tar.gz>
$ tar xzf ~/<nx-free-forever-nomachine-client.tar.gz>

- Patch FreeNX sources with gentoo-nomachine.diff:

$ patch -p0 < gentoo-nomachine.diff

- Copy Sources to /usr/NX/bin

$ cp nx* /usr/NX/bin/

- Copy node.conf to /usr/NX/etc

$ cp node.conf.sample /usr/NX/etc/node.conf

- Run nxsetup

/usr/NX/bin/nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key

- Done!

cu

Fabian