[FreeNX-kNX] NX session closes with some peer proxy error

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Mon Oct 29 00:50:34 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 00:00 -0700, fusselpelusa wrote:
> Hi,
> We were using the NX software now for several months and suddenly the
> session dies just liek that, and after reestablishing the connection even a
> few time each hour.
> The file ~/.nx/F-C-######/errors shows these lines:
>
> Proxy: WARNING! Flushing control messages while sending code
> 'code_control_token_reply'.
> Proxy: PANIC! Failure reading from the peer proxy on FD#9.
> Loop: PANIC! No shutdown of proxy link performed by remote proxy.
>
> the session file:
> Info: Established X client connection.
> Info: Using shared memory parameters 1/1/0/0K.
> Info: Using alpha channel in render extension.
> Info: Not using local device configuration changes.
> Warning: Wrong keyboard type: query.
> Session: Session started at 'Fri Oct 26 01:06:20 2007'.
> Error: Failure reading from the peer proxy.
> Error: Connection with remote peer broken.
> Error: Please check the state of your network and retry.
> Info: Disconnected from display
> 'nx/nx,options=~/.nx/C-[localhost at IP]-1027-32663F6E22AA8CEBC48E1A51A\
> 675057E/options:1027'.
> Session: Terminating session at 'Fri Oct 26 01:30:28 2007'.
> Session: Session terminated at 'Fri Oct 26 01:30:28 2007'.
>
> I am wandering where the failure is, as it was running until yesterday just
> fine, and we did not change anything that we are aware of. The way around to
> at least not loose data is to shadow in a running session and if the
> shadowing session dies, all programs are at least running after
> reconnection. But it would still be good to see what is causing this
> connection issues. We are running Mandriva 2006 and the clients runs under
> Mac OS X
>
> Thanks a lot
> Thomas
> Let me know if you need further information, or other log files.

Hi Thomas,

We are using the latest NX Advanced server/nodes from NoMachine and are
getting a few of these errors too.  I have logged a support enquiry with
NoMachine about the errors.  I don't know if it is specific to Mac
clients or a general issue.  Are you using a cluster or a single NX
server?

Regards

Murray