[FreeNX-kNX] NX session closes with some peer proxy error

fusselpelusa junger_fisch at gmx.de
Fri Oct 26 07:00:42 UTC 2007

Hi,
We were using the NX software now for several months and suddenly the
session dies just liek that, and after reestablishing the connection even a
few time each hour.
The file ~/.nx/F-C-######/errors shows these lines:

Proxy: WARNING! Flushing control messages while sending code
'code_control_token_reply'.
Proxy: PANIC! Failure reading from the peer proxy on FD#9.
Loop: PANIC! No shutdown of proxy link performed by remote proxy.

the session file:
Info: Established X client connection.
Info: Using shared memory parameters 1/1/0/0K.
Info: Using alpha channel in render extension.
Info: Not using local device configuration changes.
Warning: Wrong keyboard type: query.
Session: Session started at 'Fri Oct 26 01:06:20 2007'.
Error: Failure reading from the peer proxy.
Error: Connection with remote peer broken.
Error: Please check the state of your network and retry.
Info: Disconnected from display
'nx/nx,options=~/.nx/C-[localhost at IP]-1027-32663F6E22AA8CEBC48E1A51A\
675057E/options:1027'.
Session: Terminating session at 'Fri Oct 26 01:30:28 2007'.
Session: Session terminated at 'Fri Oct 26 01:30:28 2007'.

I am wandering where the failure is, as it was running until yesterday just
fine, and we did not change anything that we are aware of. The way around to
at least not loose data is to shadow in a running session and if the
shadowing session dies, all programs are at least running after
reconnection. But it would still be good to see what is causing this
connection issues. We are running Mandriva 2006 and the clients runs under
Mac OS X

Thanks a lot
Thomas
Let me know if you need further information, or other log files.