[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX connection problem

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Oct 18 07:46:51 UTC 2007

> But during negotiation, the client claims that NX service is
> disabled or not available. I've attached the log, and would
> appreciate ideas of where to look for answers.

Yes, I have got an idea.

Just change AUTHENTICATION_METHOD_SU="1" and disable AUTHENTICATION_METHOD_SSH="0" in node.conf. Possibly also adding nx user to the "wheel" group.

Because this seems like your ssh is configured to use ssh-askpass and not stdin to prompt for password.

As we give the password on the "Password: " prompt this of course does not work.

cu

Fabian