[FreeNX-kNX] Install Script & Session Question

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Thu Oct 18 00:09:51 UTC 2007

I've managed to kludge my way through this, and it is FINALLY working.
The attached install.txt is a quick install script I hacked together for
Centos 5.  In addition to the commands in the install file, I have to
edit nxsetup, go down to the nx_adduser section and comment out all the
"[-f /etc/nscd.conf] &&" lines or nxsetup will die with no error after
it executes nscd --invalidate group.  I also have to go into the
nxcompext source directory and add the following line to NXlib.c between
#include MD5.h and #define PANIC:

#define _XGetIOError(dpy) \
    (dpy -> flags & XlibDisplayIOError)

otherwise this line will show up in my logfile:

/usr/NX/bin/nxagent: symbol lookup error: /usr/NX/lib/libXcompext.so.3:
undefined symbol: _XGetIOError

Now, my question is this:  Regardless of which user I log in as, I see
lines like this in the log:

NX> 103 Welcome to: nxserver user: admin
NX> 105 listsession --user="admin" --status="suspended,running"
--geometry="1280x1024x32+render" --type="unix-gnome"
NX> 127 Sessions list of user 'admin' for reconnect:

Display Type             Session ID                       Options  Depth
Screen         Status      Session Name
------- ---------------- -------------------------------- -------- -----
-------------- ----------- ------------------------------
0       vnc-local        2C58AD6CDFAD7B3BF7A7F648D09A0A9C --------
1280x1024      Running     X0 (Local)

0       vnc-local        FB647A4707FBD9BBF65D242F15CDD88A --------
1280x1024      Running     X0 (Local)

NX> 148 Server capacity: not reached for user: admin

and the client prompts me to resume "vnc-local" session or to start a
new, etc.  I tried shutting down VNCcerver, but I am still prompted
about this session.  How can I get rid of this message WITHOUT disabling
session resume functionality?

Thanks,
Brent