[FreeNX-kNX] Fw: The NX service is not available

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Sun Oct 14 14:28:10 UTC 2007

   ----- Melding fra terander at guard.zapto.org ---------
    Dato: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 23:48:18 +0200
     Fra: Terje Andersen <terander at guard.zapto.org>
Svar-til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>
    Emne: Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Fw: The NX service is not available
     Til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>

> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 23:50 +0200, sohbay at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello group,
>>
>> I sent this message a few days ago.. but im not sure if it got through
>> or no one is interested in helping?
>>
>> Im at the end of my teather please help! :(
>>
>> --
>>
>> I had freenx working fine on my fedora core 7.8 last week , but now it
>> says the following-
>>
>> The NX service is not available or the NX access was disabled on host
>>
>> I have pasted in the key but as you can see from the log its showing
>> "Authentication failed.?
>>
>> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 2260
>> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
>> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
>> NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
>> NX> 200 Connected to address:  on port: 22
>> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
>> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
>> NX> 204 Authentication failed.
>>

> This means you have SSH authentication trouble, check that the file
> exists according to your setting in node.conf (SSH_AUTHORIZED_KEYS =
> "authorized_keys2"). Check the SSHD configuration (is the 'nx' user
> allowed to login?) according to the wiki on
> http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ[1]
>
> If all fails, try to run the setup again and reinstall manually (use
> nxsetup).
>
>> if I try to start nxserver by typing nxserver --start it just say
>> command not found!
>>

> Check and add the path to the binaries for FreeNX.
>
>> I have removed nx server and NX using yum and re-installed them both
>> and pasted in the key but it just will not work!
>>
>> Can anyone please help me, I have been trying for days :(

   I tried to help you, but you need to do something yourself too.... ;-)

   If you're unsure where the nxserver binaries is, do as root:

   root#> updatedb

   root#> locate nxsetup
(here you most probably will find the other binaries from FreeNX aswell)

   then specify the complete path (like this: /usr/bin/NX/nxsetup --help)

   I again advise you to look at the Wiki page I gave earlier for more
detailed help.

   /Terje

Linker:
-------