[FreeNX-kNX] Fw: The NX service is not available

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Sat Oct 13 21:48:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 23:50 +0200, sohbay at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I sent this message a few days ago.. but im not sure if it got through
> or no one is interested in helping?
>
> Im at the end of my teather please help! :(
>
> --
>
> I had freenx working fine on my fedora core 7.8 last week , but now it
> says the following-
>
> The NX service is not available or the NX access was disabled on host
>
> I have pasted in the key but as you can see from the log its showing
> "Authentication failed.?
>
> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 2260
> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
> NX> 200 Connected to address:  on port: 22
> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
> NX> 204 Authentication failed.

This means you have SSH authentication trouble, check that the file
exists according to your setting in node.conf (SSH_AUTHORIZED_KEYS =
"authorized_keys2"). Check the SSHD configuration (is the 'nx' user
allowed to login?) according to the wiki on
http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ

If all fails, try to run the setup again and reinstall manually (use
nxsetup).

> if I try to start nxserver by typing nxserver --start it just say
> command not found!

Check and add the path to the binaries for FreeNX.

> I have removed nx server and NX using yum and re-installed them both
> and pasted in the key but it just will not work!
>
> Can anyone please help me, I have been trying for days :(

I don't know Fedora well, but is there any SELinux issues, maybe?

/Terje