[FreeNX-kNX] Freenx 0.7: is rdesktop multimedia (sound) supported ?

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 12 12:56:40 UTC 2007

> To all,
>
> nxclient supports kde sound redirection. Will it support audio
> redirection from an rdp session as well?

No, not yet.

> I have tried nxclient for linux 3.0.0-78 connecting with a linux server
> running
> mandriva  2007 running the freenx 0.7, i turn connecting to a Windows
> 2003 terminal server with sound redirection enabled.
>
> In nxclient I ticked the enable mutimedia support,  but I hear no sound
> >from the rdp session.

There had been esd support added to nxdesktop, but as far as I know there was never support implemented for it.

So in theory its possible with NX 2.1.0, but not with 3.0.0, which uses stock rdesktop. In practice the relevant code had not been written.

I think you might have success by changing EXTRA_OPTIONS_RDP to "-r sound:local" or perhaps even "-r sound:esd" if you have exported ESPEAKER in nxnode before.

cu

Fabian