[FreeNX-kNX] LTSP Startup Script

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Mon Oct 8 11:05:51 UTC 2007

На 8.10.2007 13:56 Verner Kjærsgaard пише:
> Mandag 08 oktober 2007 09:35 skrev Christian Wore:
> > Hey Joe,
> >
> > i have read your mail on Freenx Mailinglist. Currently i'am working on a
> > script which can be included in the LTSP Project.
> >
> > actualy these scripts work. I have some small problems but i think i get
> > this.
> >
> > are you interested?
> >
> > Joe Baker wrote:
> > > It would be great if we could get some GPLed nx client and startup
> > > script added to the LTSP project.
> > >
> > > -Joe Baker
>
> I think that more than one would be interested :-)
>
> - I, for one, would very much like to have thick clients, not LTSP boxes,
> running some thin Linux distro (anything would do, nearly) to automatically
> uppon boot present the user with a NX login dialog.
> - and to respawn that NX-dialog once the user logs out from the NX
> session...
>
> I played a little with it, but I found it difficult to decide where exactly
> to put the line that calls the NX dialog..
>
> Any hints?

If you use debian based distro you can make a script for example "nx" and
place it in /etc/init.d/ and start X and nxclient from there. Just use the
command:
update-rc.d nx defaults 99
after you are ready with the script  to make it execute at the end of the
start up process. Thats it ;)