[FreeNX-kNX] Slow windows in NXClient for MS Windows version

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 5 15:37:41 UTC 2007

> When I am in a NX session (on whichever MS Windows client) the windows I
> move are slaggy, by opposed to the Linux client where everything I move
> goes really smoothly as if I were executing locally. (My configuration
> files are identical)
>
> During my windows sessions I noticed a 100% CPU consumption of NXwin.exe
> every time I move something (whatever object on the screen).

"The cygserver process is needed to support the MIT shared memory extension in the X server running on Windows.

It has been verified that using the shared memory doesn't give any visible benefit,
rather removing cygserver gives even better performances on Vista.

Furthermore,  on Windows Vista some problems seem to be generated by running the cygserver process, as for example Windows applications may consume high CPU."

This FR09E01892 has just been implemented into the fourth maintenance release NXClient 3.0.0-83.

Perhaps that solves the issue.

cu

Dabian