[FreeNX-kNX] Decent 8 bit display in nxclient.

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 5 15:32:31 UTC 2007

> Sorry Fabian for not giving you relevant data. :-(

No problem,

> I hope this is relevant information.

Yes, much more.

> When I change to 8 bit color depth on my pc and start a nx session it
> looks like this.
> http://www.halfface.se/ScreenCaptureOfWhatItLooksLikeOnWindowsMachine.pn

Okay, I see the problem.

> If I do a screen capture in the remote nx environment, and look at it on
> a machine with full color the screen capture looks like this.
> http://www.halfface.se/ScreenCaptureCreatedInRemote8bitSession.png

Okay ...

>From a nxclient started under Linux with an 8 bit color display it looks ok.

Okay.

> I am running windows 2000 with nxclient 3.0.0.78.

Okay.

> Is there a way to configure nxclient to start an 8bit nx session even if
> you are running Truecolor on your computer?

The real question is why do you need 8-bit color?

(I ask this question, because sometimes there are amazing workarounds possible ...)

The other answer is that I do not know if its not possible or if its a bug.

Please ask NoMachine. You can describe your problem with a complete description of your setup and screenshots to developers at nomachine.com.

However they most probably will help you faster, if you buy some commercial support for this issue. (As it seems only to occur with some special software that most probably is commercial as well ...)

cu

Fabian