[FreeNX-kNX] Decent 8 bit display in nxclient.

Andreas.Bjorklund at infineon.com Andreas.Bjorklund at infineon.com
Thu Oct 4 12:56:20 UTC 2007

Does any one know how to get a decent 8 bit display when using windows Nxclient?

Today we are using a redhat enterprise 4 with cenos packages.
freenx-0.6.0-13.el4.centos.i386
nx-2.1.0-7.el4.centos.i38
When connecting from Linux nxclient or Xming its looking ok.

Output from xdpyinfo from xming 8bit and freenx 3.0.0.78 windows.

 => sdiff 8bit-xming 8-bit-win
name of display:    kiaw423386.eu.infineon.com:0.0            | name of display:    unix:1013.0
version number:    11.0                                         version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The Xming Project                           | vendor string:    The XFree86 Project, Inc
vendor release number:    60900018                            | vendor release number:    40300000
maximum request size:  16777212 bytes                         | XFree86 version: 4.3.0
                                                              > maximum request size:  4194300 bytes
motion buffer size:  256                                        motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32            bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst                                   image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7                        number of supported pixmap formats:    7
supported pixmap formats:                                       supported pixmap formats:
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32                      depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32                      depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32                      depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32                    depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32                    depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32                    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
    depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32                    depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255                        keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  window 0x2000018, revert to Parent                    | focus:  window 0x1c00018, revert to Parent
number of extensions:    22                                   | number of extensions:    25
    BIG-REQUESTS                                                    BIG-REQUESTS
    DAMAGE                                                    <
    DEC-XTRAP                                                       DEC-XTRAP
    DOUBLE-BUFFER                                                   DOUBLE-BUFFER
                                                              >     DPMS
    Extended-Visual-Information                                     Extended-Visual-Information
                                                              >     FontCache
    GLX                                                             GLX
                                                              >     MIT-SHM
    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD                                          MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
    RANDR                                                           RANDR
    RECORD                                                          RECORD
    RENDER                                                          RENDER
    SECURITY                                                        SECURITY
    SGI-GLX                                                         SGI-GLX
    SHAPE                                                           SHAPE
    SYNC                                                            SYNC
    TOG-CUP                                                         TOG-CUP
    X-Resource                                                      X-Resource
    XC-APPGROUP                                                     XC-APPGROUP
    XC-MISC                                                         XC-MISC
    XFIXES                                                    |     XFree86-Bigfont
    XInputExtension                                                 XInputExtension
    XKEYBOARD                                                       XKEYBOARD
    XTEST                                                           XTEST
                                                              >     XVideo
default screen number:    0                                     default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1                                         number of screens:    1

screen #0:                                                      screen #0:
  dimensions:    1920x1200 pixels (650x406 millimeters)       |   dimensions:    1914x1145 pixels (648x388 millimeters)
  resolution:    75x75 dots per inch                              resolution:    75x75 dots per inch
  depths (7):    8, 1, 4, 15, 16, 24, 32                          depths (7):    8, 1, 4, 15, 16, 24, 32
  root window id:    0x3d                                     |   root window id:    0x5c
  depth of root window:    8 planes                               depth of root window:    8 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1                    number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
  default colormap:    0x20                                   |   default colormap:    0x3d
  default number of colormap cells:    256                        default number of colormap cells:    256
  preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 1                        preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 1
  largest cursor:    32x32                                    |   largest cursor:    1914x1145
  current input event mask:    0xfa2033                           current input event mask:    0xfa2033
    KeyPressMask             KeyReleaseMask           EnterWi       KeyPressMask             KeyReleaseMask           EnterWi
    LeaveWindowMask          ButtonMotionMask         Structu       LeaveWindowMask          ButtonMotionMask         Structu
    SubstructureNotifyMask   SubstructureRedirectMask FocusCh       SubstructureNotifyMask   SubstructureRedirectMask FocusCh
    PropertyChangeMask       ColormapChangeMask                     PropertyChangeMask       ColormapChangeMask
  number of visuals:    1                                         number of visuals:    1
  default visual id:  0x22                                    |   default visual id:  0x3c
  visual:                                                         visual:
    visual id:    0x22                                        |     visual id:    0x3c
    class:    PseudoColor                                           class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    8 planes                                              depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256                              available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0                        red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits              significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
clin06 13:44 bjorklun /home/bjorklun/tmp/resume  => rpm -qa | grep nx
nxclient-3.0.0-78.i386
freenx-0.5.0-12.el4.centos.i386
nx-2.1.0-5.el4.centos.i386
clin06 14:46 bjorklun /home/bjorklun/tmp/resume  =>

--

System Administrator Andreas Björklund

Infineon Technologies Sweden AB
IFSE IT OS EU 3 CP