[FreeNX-kNX] Obtaining the X Windows ID of the NX window

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Thu Oct 4 07:25:26 UTC 2007

   ----- Melding fra brendan0powers at gmail.com ---------
    Dato: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 20:03:31 -0400
     Fra: brendan powers <brendan0powers at gmail.com>
Svar-til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>
    Emne: Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Obtaining the X Windows ID of the NX window
     Til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>

> Do you know if the cygwin x server is running in rootless mode?

   The Cygwin X-server (cygserver.exe) is run as a "service" - it's
not registered as a windows-service, but during the connection the
NXClient checks for this program/service and will, if necessary, start
it. When the connection is terminated/suspended, the X-server will
still be running in memory awaiting next connection.

   Since this program is run in the background, it has no window itself.

----- Slutt på melding fra brendan0powers at gmail.com -----