[FreeNX-kNX] Can not start cups server

Michael Bushveld at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 12:26:46 UTC 2007

Hello Fabian,

it seems to work though I get the following message in my
local /var/log/messages:

ov 15 11:46:40 akazia cupsd: Unable to open log
file "/var/log/cups/access_log" - Permission denied
Nov 15 11:47:13 akazia cupsd: Unable to open log
file "/var/log/cups/page_log" - Permission denied

And on the remote System (version 3.0.0 on a SuSE 9.2) a message pops up
which tells me:

The printer 'laserjet' coundn't be attached Error
is '1' /usr/NX/scripts/restricted/nxprinteradd.sh line 105 grep command
not found lpadmin: add-printer (set model) failded.
server-error-internal-error
'Error Tha cups printer coundn't be added to the system.

Do you have an idea what the cause could be?

Is there a chance to set up a fixed printer name in the remote system?
Currently I get USER_PRINTERNAME_FOURDIGITS sorry I forgot to check
wether it was the PID or the port.

Thanks a lot
Michael