[FreeNX-kNX] Can not start cups server

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 02:01:20 UTC 2007

> Hello Fabian,
>
> thanks a lot this seems to be the correct approch - just some
> permissions are not correct. I have attachted the log. Can you tell me
> the permissions so that I can set them manually?

It was a bit more complicated.

The real issue was that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was still set to some nxclient files, which are not compatible with the new cupsd.

Also CUPS 1.3 added two more important Dirs: StateDir and CacheDir, which are not written by !M client.

Using the new version of nxcupsd-warpper fixes both problems.

Mail will go to NoMachine describing the issues.

http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/freenx/nx-utils/nxcupsd-wrapper/

cu

Fabian