[FreeNX-kNX] black screen after authentication

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 21:58:43 UTC 2007

> I got rid of the configuration errors, just some warnings left. However,
> I still get a black screen
> when running nxclient with a single warning in the errors log
> Loop: WARNING! Unrecognized session type 'unix-gnome'. Assuming agent
> session.
>
> Gnome is installed and I can open a gnome session without problems
> locally.
>
> Any more ideas/hints where to look?

Yes,

use a unix-custom session and start just a xterm application.

Then startup gnome manually via:

$ gnome-session

or

$ . /usr/lib/NX/nxloadconfig --user
$ echo $COMMAND_GNOME
$ $COMMAND_GNOME

If that works, you know its a problem how gnome is started from nxnode.

If not you hopefully will get some error message.

In any case it should give you a hint for what to look next.

cu

Fabian