[FreeNX-kNX] Multiple NX sessions running from different VT's

Dennis Heltzel pclinuxos at heltzel.org
Tue Nov 13 20:45:05 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get KDE running in multiple virtual terminals at once
(Ctrl-Alt-F7, Ctrl-Alt-F8, etc). So I want to start an NX client on :0,
anothe on :1 and so on. When I create a session like this:
/usr/NX/bin/nxclient --session "/usr/NX/scripts/init/guest2.nxs"
it exits immediately after login. I suspect this is due to KDE needing the
"--nofork" option, but I don't know where to add it, since I'm just
selecting "KDE" in the graphical nxclient setup.

The effect I would like is to have the nxclient login work something like
XDM, restarting after the client exits. Do I want "rootless" here? Anyone
have a script already written for something like this?

TIA,
Dennis