[FreeNX-kNX] Printing to Windows client from FreeNX server session

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sat Nov 10 17:52:53 UTC 2007

> > Use FreeNX 0.7.1.
>
> I am using FreeNX 0.7.1.

Okay.

> > Set SAMBA_MOUNT_SHARE_PROTOCOL=smbfs in node.conf and open up the
> > 139 (SMB) port on Windows XP (SP2 or later) on loopback.
> >

> Done. For the loopback adapter enablement, I followed
> http://www.bitvise.com/msla-winxp2003

Okay.

> > I think it was near the firewall options or for the network adapter,
> > but you _have_ to just try it out.
> >
> > I have enabled this option already on my system so I know it works
> > and it _is_ there somewhere.
> >
> > Then smbclient will work with Windows XP SP2 too.
> >
> It partly does now. From the server session, if I start konqueror and
> browse to smb://127.0.0.1:4000, I see 2 shares (netlogon and

I have told you to use smbclient, konqueror is not supported, because it has no port option (or had not last I checked). Period.

You cannot do different tests with different programs. That does not work.

> I had one other question. My organization has Citrix infrastructure
> and I see those guys getting their printers and shared mounted on the
> server-side with no additional loopback adapter enabled (unless the
> Citrix client installation process does it, but this could be
> installed by a non-admin user, so that cannot be it) etc. How do you
> think that works?

Via CIFS, you can find more information here:

http://www.nomachine.com/faq-read.php?id=AR08D00413

http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR07D00408

but I already explained that in detail in other mails. Okay, okay, it was not detailed enough, else you would have understood it.

You asked me for a HOWTO-get-it-to-work and I provided one.

I even provided the information how to get CIFS forwarded stuff working via FreeNX (in the last mail). Though, I admit, you would need to experiment with it.

So two things:

- You want it working: Use the approach I described above. It works.

- You want it working for all cases: Wait for 0.7.2 or 0.7.3. Depending how much time I have.

Or: you experiment, but then you need to work with what I have already provided. And also do your own research on the topic via old mailing list archives, nomachine.com and so on ...

Sorry this comes through a bit harsh, I apologize for that.

My problem is: I dunno what you want. (This is very very important when asking for support!)

So I can't give you the needed information.

But I won't answer just questions for the how of things, just for the general information, that is just theory and kills time.

cu

Fabian