[FreeNX-kNX] Printing to Windows client from FreeNX server session

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Sat Nov 10 17:09:16 UTC 2007

Hello Fabian,

On Nov 10, 2007, at 12:12 AM, Fabian Franz wrote:

> Okay here are direct things to do:
>
> Use FreeNX 0.7.1.

I am using FreeNX 0.7.1.

Done. For the loopback adapter enablement, I followed http://www.bitvise.com/msla-winxp2003

> I think it was near the firewall options or for the network adapter,
> but you _have_ to just try it out.
>
> I have enabled this option already on my system so I know it works
> and it _is_ there somewhere.
>
> Then smbclient will work with Windows XP SP2 too.

It partly does now. From the server session, if I start konqueror and
browse to smb://127.0.0.1:4000, I see 2 shares (netlogon and
profiles), but these are not the shares on the Windows client, but
rather on the Domain server on the Windows client network. Why are
they showing up instead? And when I try to get inside one of these
shares, my username and password don't work at all. The authentication
dialog keeps popping up and never succeeds.

Also I have created a local shared folder on the Windows client and
that share does not show up on the server session. Same is true with
the printers too.

> cu
>
> Fabian

I had one other question. My organization has Citrix infrastructure
and I see those guys getting their printers and shared mounted on the
server-side with no additional loopback adapter enabled (unless the
Citrix client installation process does it, but this could be
installed by a non-admin user, so that cannot be it) etc. How do you
think that works?

I think I am so near, but yet so far.

Thanks,
Prakash