[FreeNX-kNX] freenx is dead !

cedric briner work at infomaniak.ch
Wed Nov 7 14:46:36 UTC 2007

Emmanuel Blindauer wrote:
> Hi
> It's not because you can install freenx on your platform that the project
> is dead.
> For example, Mandriva has packages for nx libs and freenx since... Mandriva
> 10.2, so several years, and all packages are working correctly :)

exactly,
but you do not offer an alternative to the package system. Did you ever
try to install it by hand by following the readme. As I said b4, I'm a
fan of freenx... But I've unable to install it by myself. And I'm
getting stuck with an old freenx.

Since this topic, I've launched a new thread called:
howto install it manually on debian(etch)
and it seems that nobody want to help people building it by themself.
which will also help people from other distro to install it (solaris,
slackware...)

> If debian/ubuntu can't provide such a package that's a distrib problem.
> Installing  freenx itself is so simple, only copy/paste what's in  INSTALL
> file.
How can you make such package when it is such a pain to install it by
yourself.

> Of course, distributions add a lot of integration, but that's not the goal
> of the freenx project.
yeah... but again where is the howto for the manual installation ?

Ced.

--

Cedric BRINER
Geneva - Switzerland