[FreeNX-kNX] Client-side CUPS printing

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Nov 6 23:55:12 UTC 2007

> Hello All,
>
> If I want to document my experiences with configuring and getting CUPS
> printers from client-side to work through a FreeNX server, what will
> be the best place to do it?

First a mail would be nice so that I know what I can fix. ;-)

> I am still grappling with Windows SMB printing through FreeNX. I would
> appreciate any help in that direction.

Are you using 0.7.1? If not I would strongly recommend it, because 0.7.1 does support CIFS for printing and the error message seemed like SMB backend tried to use CIFS, but nxclient forwarded SMB port. And yes, there is a small difference in procool.

Or vice versa. (CIFS 445 forwarded, but SMB tries to use 139 style)

You can configure which protocol to use in node.conf IIRC else you need to edit nxnode and search for smb or smbfs or cifs.

cu

Fabian