[FreeNX-kNX] Client-side CUPS printing

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Mon Nov 5 18:10:34 UTC 2007

Hello Fabian/Alastair,

I have this working now with Linux NX client and FreeNX server
flawlessly. I am trying out the Windows client (with smb print sharing).

What I see is this. Some how, the .nx/<session_folder>/cups/
printers.conf file does not get written with the correct DeviceURI (smb://...
). Instead, it gets written as
DeviceURI file://dev/null

Is this correct?

When I start up kprinter, kprinter comes up, but just freezes in this
situation. Is there a way that I can manually test the smb printer
sharing and then start debugging in detail?

Thanks,
Prakash