[FreeNX-kNX] Client-side CUPS printing

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sun Nov 4 14:53:15 UTC 2007

> This link says officially "RunAsUser" support was removed in 1.2.
> Isn't this the option that enables usermode cupsd? Or am I confused?

Nope, you are confused ;-).

RunAsUser is an option to have cupsd running as root be run as another user like lp as far as I understood.

> Regardless, I have changed the NXClient CUPS daemon location (thanks
> for the pointer) to the wrapper script, but when I start up the
> connection, it still complains with "cupsd: Child exited with status
> 127".

Hm, strange. I dunno what this means, but you can startup the cupsd-wrapper script yourself with the cupsd.conf:

./nxcupsd-wrapper -c $HOME/.nx/cups/cupsd.conf

You can also find log files in that directory, that could give you additional pointers.

cu

Fabian