[FreeNX-kNX] NX session closes with some peer proxy error

Joe Baker joebaker at nelfc.com
Thu Nov 1 16:43:07 UTC 2007

fusselpelusa wrote:
> Hi,
> We were using the NX software now for several months and suddenly the
> session dies just liek that, and after reestablishing the connection even a
> few time each hour.
> The file ~/.nx/F-C-######/errors shows these lines:
>
> Proxy: WARNING! Flushing control messages while sending code
> 'code_control_token_reply'.
> Proxy: PANIC! Failure reading from the peer proxy on FD#9.
> Loop: PANIC! No shutdown of proxy link performed by remote proxy.

I had noticed earlier that running through multiple different speed
network switches and a hub caused some problems for us.  The client was
connected to a 10 mbit hub, which plugged into a Gigabit switch which
then plugged into a 100mbit port of a switch that had a 1000 Mbit port
going to the Linux server.  The windows NoMachine client would crash /
disconnect every 40 seconds or so.  I think there is an option burried
deep within the session configuration file on the client which  has some
sort of a low latency option.  I've thought that turning that off by
editing the config file with a text editor and turning off the low
latency option might actually help make the connection more stable.
This was a Windows XP client and an Ubuntu 7.04 server.  I have since
replaced the hub with a 10 megabit switch and plugged the server into a
100 megabit port instead of the gigabit port and those problems have
since gone away.

-Joe Baker