[FreeNX-kNX] load balancing parameter (possibly) missing in nxserver/node.conf

Rajesh Kumar Mallah mallah at tradeindia.com
Tue May 29 07:09:28 UTC 2007

Dear Friends,

Brief details of my setup.

(it might be unsolicited to many and
helpful to many others , i am posting so that it gets
indexed in google)

We boot thin servers from NFS root.
there are 3 thin servers and 1 main server.

All clients connect to the main server where
load balancing is enabled , they connect the
client to either of the 3 servers or by it self
(mostly) based on load.

Authentication keys have been shared between
servers so that main server can run the load checking
scripts on the clients password less.

The thin servers authenticate users using LDAP
and mount /home partition using NFS.

so far this setup is working great for us.
use are happily serving 60 clients and load averages
in the server are mostly between 1.5 and 2.

if anyone requires assistance or more details is
welcome to write. thanks again to freenx devs and
!M.

regds
mallah.