[FreeNX-kNX] Cannot load long webpage in NX

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Mon Mar 26 14:45:59 UTC 2007

Hm
I have very similar problems. When I view graphics of any kind (pictures, web
pages with jpgs, gifs, flash, etc.), pdf files, I experience huge memory
usage on my thin client. More specifically, for example, when viewing a pdf
file, with every page opened the memory of the thin client increases. If I
close the application (I use for viewing pdf files) the memory is freed. The
real program/process that uses that memory on the thin client is Xorg/Xfree,
it caches all this images in the thin client memory and releases them when
the program taht you use to view them is closed.
May be this is the problem with your client, check how much memory he has on
his thin client not on the server. Or you can watch memory usage on the thin
client as this page is displayed.
Hope this helps :)