[FreeNX-kNX] NX performance issue

DRC dcommander at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 12 20:35:16 UTC 2007

> - Start nxagent directly and not via proxy like:
>
> local $ ssh -X user at remote
> remote $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/NX/lib/ /usr/NX/bin/nxagent :1 &
> remote $ DISPLAY=:1 vgl glxgears

I tried that, but it is much slower.  If I understand the NX architecture,
doesn't the above result in sending uncompressed images over the network to
the local machine?

> A last idea would be to always set glxtrap=1 in nxagent and
> see what it does.

This one was interesting.  When I set glxtrap to 1 always, it eliminates the
initial fast performance that I was seeing.  Now everything performs at the
slow level of performance all the time.