[FreeNX-kNX] user pubkey authentication

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Mar 8 16:14:52 UTC 2007

> Fabian Franz wrote:
> > Long answer:
> >
> > It is possible to patch the Linux client and set a configuration flag in
> FreeNX (ENABLE_FAKE_AUTHENTICATION=1) to allow to do that.
> >
> Sounds great. Can you tell me more about the configuration flag?

Please search for old posts of me on google or mailing list ...

For example:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2005-July/001468.html

I think thats what you want to know / do ...

Oh, I just saw that this is an solution using still nx as user, but perhaps it helps you as well ...

There must be somewhere some old post of mine explaining how to use the FAKE_AUTHENTICATION directly ...

Search for nxssh-usermode that might cover that ...

http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/freenx/nx-utils/nxpublickey/nxssh-usermode

but you'll need to adjust the path ...

Anyhow I think you'll get the idea ...

cu